Monday, June 11, 2007

Caffeine California Style

While in California I ordered a Decaf Ultimate Vanilla Ice Blended Coffee with chocolate covered espresso beans and no sugar added. When did coffee get so complicated? Sometimes I just have to laugh at people's orders. Can't anyone just order a coffee anymore? The price of these complicated drinks is no laughing matter, though. This baby set me back about $4.50 and that was for the small. But I was on vacation and threw caution to the wind. I don't think that all these coffee house drinks would sell quite so well if they called them what the really are which is milkshakes with caffeine. Coffee sounds like something you can consume everyday without guilt. But it doesn't seem right to order a milkshake on the way to work everyday, even if it is non-fat, decaf, no sugar added.

No comments: