Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Things I love about California, cont...

One of the things I really like about Cali is high end gourmet delis. They are really an aesthetic experience. The smell of good coffee brewing, glass cases full of triple chocolate brownies and Italian cream cakes, in addition, to colorful salads and delicious sandwiches on artisan breads. What is not to like? And if they have a beautiful patio, heaven! While in college I frequented this particular deli, Pierre Lafond. One of the most novel things they have is air fries, fries cooked with hot air instead of oil. They are really great and healthy. For the life of me I cannot figure out why these have not caught on elsewhere. Can you imagine how great it would be to replace the traditional fries with these at high schools and colleges? Anyway, back to my deli reminiscence. Actually, it is secretly a dream of mine to own and run a place like this. Maybe not quite this high end(it would not be unusual to spot a movie star at Pierre Lafond's in Montecito). I think I would really enjoy running a deli. Maybe someday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Summer,

I had a quiet moment this evening and started reading...love it! Got down to chickens and fig trees, but thought I would post a comment here.

It has always been my dream to run a charming B&B that served delicious, comforting, beautiful, etc., etc. meals. Somehow I think we should be able to pull something off together. Maybe when we get through this phase of motherhood!

Can't wait to read more (and try some recipes!)

Rebecca