Monday, May 7, 2007

Finally Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons




The preserved lemons are finally ready and this weekend I made Moroccan Chicken. I wasn't sure what to expect because I haven't eaten much Moroccan food. I was surprised by the subtlety of both the "stew" and of the lemons. The dish was very simple just a cut up chicken, minced onions, garlic, cilantro, parsley, cumin, salt and lemons. Essential you brown the chicken and then braise it with the rest of the ingredients, except the lemons they get put in after the chicken is cooked. I served it with leftover brown rice(that I reheated in the bamboo steamer) and beet greens and Noodle Kugel for dessert. A very nice meal. However, this only used 1 of the lemons so I have to think of some more uses for them. I am thinking that I might try a lemon risotto.

No comments: