Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Steamed dumplings


I have recently become addicted to my bamboo steamer. I found it at the thrift store(surprise, surprise) a few months ago but I was a little intimidated by it and didn't try using it until just the last few weeks. I really love it. Mostly I am using it for vegetables and reheating things but I decided I should try it for something more traditional. So I made pork dumplings from a healthy Asian cookbook I have. The dumplings turned out great and I have been using the steamer almost daily since. It is really great for reheating rice. Normally I am not a big fan of leftover rice because it gets kind of hard and dried out, but if you put it in the steamer for a little bit it comes out tasting like it was just cooked. I lined the steamer with parchment paper(because the holes are pretty wide in the steamer) for the rice.

Future blogs coming soon are Dandelion adventures and Korean BBQ.

No comments: